Thursday, November 8, 2012

Choice Blog 4



Hello again! This week I’ve chosen to write about Taylor Swift’s newest album. I know, it sounds like I’m thirteen because yes I do like her music, but I promise you I’m not thirteen. I personally really like her new album “Red”. Over time, Swift’s music has changed dramatically. When she first began her career, her music was very country. Over time though, pop influences began to merge in and now some of her music has a dub-step type sound. The problem with this is that even though she is essentially just trying to appeal to a wider audience, iTunes still lists her music as country when if anything, it now sounds more like pop with country influences and electronic influences as well. This is why a lot of people have an issue with her new album. It’s labeled country and is not country.
I always read the reviews on iTunes before I buy anything because if the reviewers are saying that the album sucks and I was not thrilled with the samples, I am not paying over a dollar per song. Like I said, I listen to the sample first, but the reviews on Swift’s music are always very extreme. They vary from your average thirteen year old fan that simply puts half a ton of emoji hearts and the more cynical reviewer who says that her songs are all the same and they hate them.  So the reviews sometimes make it even harder to judge her music. Like I said, I enjoy her new album. I’m generally not picky about music so I like how her music varies. I understand that many people want it to be labeled properly, but I don’t think it should reflect poorly on Swift or the quality of her music.  All in all, I am a fan of the new album and all of her music.

Taylor Swift "Red"-newest album
"Taylor Swift" -first and most country album


"Speak Now"-pop type album



"Fearless"-country and pop influenced album

 

No comments:

Post a Comment