Sunday, November 11, 2012

France

France - the country of fancy wine, the Eiffel Tower, and the french language. I myself speak french, and have gone to visit my grandparents in the south of France every summer. They live in a wonderful place near Orange. It is a small town, just like you see in the movies, and is surrounded by hundreds of vineyards, as far as the eye can see. It is like a personal sort of heaven for me - a private pool, the warmth of the southern french sun, and, most importantly, family.
In their garden, they have vines, fig trees, apricot trees, cherry trees, and much more. Half the fun of going there is picking everything and enjoying it afterwards. Ham and melon is a very popular dish in France, and one I enjoy immensely. A French tradition that I do not believe I will ever get sued to it eating hot at lunch and cold at night... to me, it feels as though lunch and dinner are switched. I don't dislike it, I simply find it strange.
All in all, the south of France is a place I would recommend that everyone visit, wether for the little shops, or the small towns in which everyone knows everyone, or even just for the fantastic weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment