Wednesday, November 21, 2012

oh hey



"I remember when my niece, Toni, was a newborn, I'd babysit her and sometimes she'd cry, like babies do. Nine times out of ten I could solve problem, I could figure it out, but...sometimes when I'm walking along the street, and a shaft of sunlight falls in a certain way across the pavement, and I just want to cry. And a second later it's over. And I decide, because I'm an adult, to not succumb to the momentary melancholy, and I had that sometimes with Toni. She just had a moment like that. A moment of not knowing why, and she just let herself...go into it. And there was nothing anyone could do to make it better -- it was just her, and the fact of being alive, colliding."

Life has a gap in it; it just does. Don't go crazy trying to fill it.

Adequacy is the moment you've sold yourself to everyone else's fulfillment, the moment you lose all that you've saved up since your childhood to define the lines that border your soul. 

don't be afraid of being afraid. it sounds like the most dangerous thing in the world

put some armor around that gooey little heart of yours. 

I love you


1 comment: