Thursday, November 1, 2012

Current Event Blog 3 and Some Hard-Core Poetry Connections

Honestly, after reading countless news articles from Georgia, I am starting to be immune to surprises, but one article today really caught my eye: Milton grandmother faces DUI charge. My reaction could be described by the following: 


This is not the usual article one expects to encounter, but you never know these days. Anyways, as I was digesting the truth in these words, my facial expressions throughout the article were comparable to this gif:
image

She had her grandchild in the car, in the front seat, UNBUCKLED. The expressions made by my face model were precisely the feeling of surprise, confusion, and anger I felt about this threesome string of events. The woman's name was Cui Chen-- I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Without the help of civilian witnesses of her tottering trek to her Honda Accord, who knows what would have happened. This article, no matter the amount of peculiar details involved in this particular case, the basic idea is still evident. The consuming of drugs or alcohol prior to the conducting of a moving vehicle isn't only asinine, but a risk to others and yourself. Never, ever, go out and drink by yourself, however, if you are in a deficit of friends, at least go to a bar because they can call you a taxi. This story can be connected to countless others, and most of which are devastating tragedies that have left the driver to grief for the rest of his or her life. I promise you that you will regret the decision to drive while inebriated especially if it results in the death or maiming of others.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/milton-grandmother-faces-dui-charge/nSmFc/

My lyrical masterpiece concerning this news article:

CT hammer,
APL you already know what it is,
Imma get it started right here,
Ready?
go.

These rhymes imma boutta spit are outta control
i sold my soul, now everything inside is cold,
i got flow like a river, rhymes that are even slicker,
im quicker, this is not a topic to bicker
now listen
cui chen
Catch me floatin down styx n'
maybe meet up wit me n my boi nixon
but this aint the life you should be content to live
by bein born youve been given the consent to live
so dont be wastin yo life drinkin bottles of ty-ku
pay attention to yo loved ones and the people who like you
especially the little tyke who you inadvertently placed
in the front seat of your car while you were s*** faced
seriously lady, its time to grow up
go out and make a difference instead of throwing up
dont give up, live life till its gone
be careful whatchu do and stray away from the wrong
im king kong, make sure to remember me when
your telling bedtime stories to your grandson ben
cause hes a mouse among men
his bark is worse than his bite
he couldnt win a battle with all his might
fin


















2 comments: