Sunday, November 11, 2012

internet addiction

Today i watched Rock Center on internet addiction and i have mixed emotions on it. It's funny because sometimes i believe my mom is addicted to the internet constantly checking her emails and playing card games. However, I do not think that internet addiction is a disorder. A disorder to me is a sickness or a mental illness which one can not overcome. Internet addiction is definitely something someone can overcome and get rid of. The boy that was talked about in that part of the show was a great example on internet addiction can affect someone's life. However, most teen boys now a days do not play games on the internet as much as they play xbox or other devices in that category. I feel as if internet addiction is simply something stupid that people who have nothing else to do with their lives get brain washed into. The older man that was interviewed on this topic during the show believed that he was a loser in real life, but a winner on the internet. That in itself is just sad. These people need to go out and do something with their lives in my opinion and stop acting like they have to have the internet. The fact that the kids mom had to call 911 because her son was being violent after she took his computer is beyond me. The way society is today is just that though technology is everything to us kids and it sickens parents. Even though i hate being without my phone and without my computer i would never get to the point that someone would need to call 911 on me. It all just seems stupid in my opinion. I honestly don't even think it was worth talking about on television.

No comments:

Post a Comment