Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Change: an inevitable aspect to one's life

     Going through High School has a very intimidating attitude of its own. Nowadays students have multitudes of pressure on their shoulders. Having to worry about getting accepted into your dream college or making sure you can handle all the extracurriculars on the side is enough; let alone change. However change will always be a factor in people's day to day lives. No matter how hard you try to, there is no way of escaping this inevitable concept. 
     I always asked myself how much can one really change? I have found that there is only one answer to this question, and that is continuously. No matter how much time has passed, a day, a week, maybe even a year, you will find that not only you yourself have changed but others around you. Yes, there has been studies that show your core values are set by about the time you reach first grade. I'm not arguing this statement, I'm saying no matter what there will always be change. After leaving a place you've lived in for nine years and coming back to where you were born things are going to change. For the longest time I wanted out of Carmel, Indiana. I wanted to be back home in Atlanta, Georgia. When we finally sold our house I was delighted to finally come home. We arrived in Atlanta during winter break and I was still living in a utopia. I was overjoyed with the fact that I was around some of my old friends and family. When it came time for school to start reality hit me. I wanted so badly to go back to my previous school and for the longest time I would walk around moping. Change happened in front of my eyes. The most difficult task on hand was having to reestablish and readjust to a whole new environment. An environment which everyone knew each other's background and I was just coming in blind as a bat. Understanding the constant power of change early will help you immeasurably. 
     No matter what stage you are in life the people around you, your environment, and you will alter. Your perceptions of matter with transform. Accepting that the all mighty infinite change is there will aid you in the long run. After elementary school you'll have to transition into middle school, then to high school, and finally to the very intimidating college. Even after that, just when you think all the drastic variations of life is done rearranging itself, you continue on the pursuit in the work force. The point is the earlier you get used to change the better off you will be, because it is constantly working against you. Unless you decide to embrace this aspect and it will work with you. Change after all is good for the soul. It enables you to become so much more. If the fact that you will be open to plenty of job opportunities and connections with variant types of people doesn't motivate you then look back on your life. You have changed more than you realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment