Thursday, October 25, 2012



One step on the road to coming of age is the earning of a drivers license, followed by the acquiring of one's first car. While searching for my first car, I was constantly hindered from putting my input into my parents thought process. Why? Because I wanted to go fast. My, reasonable, car of choice was a Hyundai Tiburon. It was not only reliable, but a smooth, stylish sports car, and constantly I'd find myself dazing off in class just picturing the Tiburon's ahead of it's time sleek body kit. . My parents immediately shot down my desires because of it's above average engine size. I was astonished at this rebuttal because a V6 was an adequately sized engine and actually quite common for the typical sedan. Because I am male, and below 21, insurance companies charge my family extra for the engine size, design, and my sex. Yes, you heard, er-read me correctly. If a car, by their standards, could be considered to have a sporty design, insurance shoots way up. The most ridiculous part, in my opinion, was that these companies were upping the price because of my gender. Little did I know that they were sometimes completely right.On October 19, 2012, a caustic crash was reported at 4 a.m. In the driver's seat was MALE, Akshay Panducherry, at EIGHTEEN years old. Him and his cousin were found crawling out of their severely demolished FERRARI. Okay, these details perfectly fit the description for an all out increase on the cost of insurance, and I feel that this is because every teenage guy, and some older men, are exhilarated by the rush of going fast. It would be an understatement to say that the driver was "speeding":






A single-car crash on Webb Bridge Road early Friday morning left a Ferrari completely destroyed and a passenger and driver critically injured.
Not your typical "fender-bender". I find these facts to be very important because a: This can happen to everyone, and b: girls may be clumsy drivers, but guys are just dumb drivers. So to all of you guys out their complaining because your parents won't buy you a fast car, it because I know and you know deep down that one does not simply buy the "mach 5" and go 45 in a 40 zone. So my message here is basically, yolo, you only live once. Now go buy a super fast car and hopefully you won't crash!


oh yeah, 
#jcproblems

No comments:

Post a Comment